Sunday, August 4, 2013

0 28 days




I have only 28 days on the island. 

It's becoming more real everyday. I have been trying to soak up every minute of the sun. It is so hot here. I don't think I've ever sweat this much in my life. We have been busy trying to sell our home items and finish school. The beach has been fun for me. I've tried to get Colten to sneak in some time for some sun, but he is always studying. He has a pretty intense last semester. So, I often find myself snapping pics of the little keikis around me. And let's not forget my bike. I have to sell it soon, so I'm trying to remember everything about it. I don't know why I'm so obsessed.. maybe because it's the only transportation that has been reliable to me through the last couple of years.

I have found my friendships here more meaningful these last couple of weeks. I just know i won't be able to see any of these friends for a long time when I leave. They are from ALL over the world. New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Hawaii, Philippines... It's hard to leave them. I can't help put think about a few months ago when I was struggling to find friends. Well, good friends i should say. I didn't have a real deep connection to any girls out here except for the past few months. We have girls night once a month, and they are so much fun. They have taught me so much, and they make me want to be better. Those are the friends worth keeping in your life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment