Sunday, September 22, 2013

1 Meet Zurë



Everyone meet Zurë.

This cute little puppy of ours has totally taken our hearts. We have fallen in love with her over and over again. A couple months ago, I decided it was time to get a dog for our little family. Colten loves loves loves animals, especially dogs. 

Since I knew graduation was coming up, I wanted to get him a present he would love. One that would show him how proud I am of him, and something to go towards our next step in life. A puppy seemed to be the best present I could come up with. So I started to research what puppy I could handle, and also meet Coltens  standards of being a great dog. 

I found the Goldendoodle breed. And o.m.geeee. I fell in love right there! I was obsessed with finding one. Turns out, the great man above was watching out for us because just a few days of searching for a Goldendoodle, I found one that would be ready to go to a home right when we got home from Thailand. 

I was so happy, and to make things even better it was a miniature goldendoodle. Which I wouldn't mind getting a big one (standard) but I knew we wouldn't have an apartment for a few months once we got home so we would need a little dog until we got a more permanent home. So I quickly called and reserved our little puppy. It was EXTREMELY hard to keep it a secret from Colten. I'm the absolute worst at secrets.

Once it was time to pick our puppy (we had first pick of the batch) I told Colten I had a surprise for him. I showed him that litter of puppies and told him that he could pick whichever one he wanted! He freaked out and was over the moon all day. He loved one named "Cleo" she was an apricot color, and she was adorable! I personally loved the red one called "Ginger". I thought she was a beautiful color. We could not decide on one for the longest time. We would go back and forth on which to choose. 

"Cleos face is so cute though!"
"Ginger is more calm though right now, I want a calm dog."
"Cleo is so happy all the time, I want a dog with personality."
"Ginger is so pretty! She is different!"

This conversation went on forever, but then I remembered, it's Colten's present. Whatever Colten wants, he will get. After that thought, we decided to go with Cleo. 

A couple weeks later, the seller of the puppy batch called us and told us that Cleo had died of a heart murmur. We were devastated! We loved Cleo, all her pictures made us so happy! We were so smitten by her. By that time, in our minds, all the puppies were sold. We were the pick of the litter and now our puppy died and we didn't get to have one. We were so sad, we just cried and were down all day.

Once the seller called us back and we could talk to her about what happened, she told us that Ginger had not been chosen yet and was still available. Colten without hesitation said he would take her! We were so excited that one of the puppies weren't sold yet. AND we loved her just as much as Cleo since the beginning. We were so shocked she hadn't been chosen because she was predicted to be the first to go because of her color.

After our heartbreak, we were nervous to get her. We didn't want her to die of a heart murmur as well. We were still going to be in Hawaii for another week, and then Thailand for the next week. So all we could do is pray that everything would work out.

And it sure did. Once we got home my mother in law surprised us and had her when we got home! She was the cutest little puppy I had ever seen. I noticed that she was super calm though. Like.. too calm. She wasn't jumping and walking towards anyone. I turned to my mother in law and was asking her why she was so calm. 

She told me that there had been an accident, and that she had torn a ligament in her leg from slipping on the tile. Again, my heart dropped. I was so nervous that this little puppy wouldn't be healthy and live a long time. All these thoughts just flew into my head and I felt sick. 

But then, our little girl gimped over to me with her hurt leg and gave me her little kisses. All my negative thoughts washed away and I couldn't do anything but love her!

I was so smitten by her! We both were so happy. Healthy or Unhealthy she was ours, and we would love her till the end.

Colten quickly named her Zurë. 

 Ever since we have been busy parenting a puppy and getting her leg better.

 She continues to make us happy each day. She is the sweetest, and was meant to be ours!

1 comment:

  1. Of course you fell in love with her, we goldendoodles are known for that! My brother and I are mini goldendoodles so if she needs any friends just stop by our bloggy!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete