Friday, September 14, 2012

2 Hawaii part two.





Things have been so wonderful lately! I cannot believe how happy we both are here! This place is truly magical. Last year we had a hard time adjusting to our new life out here. Things didn't really work out the way we wanted them too, and my job was so far away, and golf was rough for Colten, and the list went go on and on!

This year, totally different. We knew what to expect this time. We know all the right people to contact and get ahold of. We have more friendly faces we recognize, and life has just been awesome coming back. I got TWO new jobs. The best part about these jobs... they are within a mile or less of my apartment. My first job is at the polynesian cultural center. I am officially one of those girls that dress up and ride my bike to work with my name tag clipped to my dress. I am so excited to get to know the pcc (Polynesian cultural center) better and to work with such an awesome environment. I've heard nothing but good things about working at the place. Prophets have had their eyes on Laie Hawaii for years and years always calling it a place of peace and promise. They say that great things happen here, and there is not a single place in the entire world that has a temple, a university, and a cultural center within walking distance of each other. I get goosebumps talking about it.

My second job... I'm a waitress at a little local restaurant called Kahuku Grill. This place has amazing food (that I can eat whenever now) and such fun people to work with. The tips aren't bad either! I can ride my bike just down my street and go there at night. It's a very relaxed environment and I'm just so grateful I can work close to home this year!

Besides those jobs falling into my lap here, Coco and I have continued to be blessed with awesome friends we have been getting to know, and cool classes to take this semester. We have enjoyed going to the beach and getting fried!  (coco got fried at least) There is a burrito bus right outside our apartment that we have been a fan of lately too.

My little brother also got his mission call yesterday. He will be serving in the San Salvador, El Salvador mission on February 6, 2013. How cool is that? He will get to learn spanish! Our family is so excited for him.  He is in Iowa for college right now on a soccer scholoarship. Mom got the call in the mail and faxed it to his coach from work, and then Alex skyped us all on the computer and read where he was going. Technology is awesome, and it just keeps getting better!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for all of you!!!! Love and Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to come visit you! You are beautiful as always! hugs!

    ReplyDelete