Monday, July 8, 2013

0 chinamans hat





We have this bucket list out here in hawaii. One my bucket list was the China Mans Hat Hike. There is this childhood story about the island. There was a young boy who was very small, he wished he was taller and bigger. So he ate a bean that an old wise person gave him. He woke up the next day and he was the size of a giant. He laid down to sleep in his china mans hat that some fellow islanders made him. He may still be resting, because the hat hasn't moved. I'm in love with all these childhood stories. Sometimes I go into Haleiwa just so I can read some books I find. It was an awesome hike. The water is so shallow, you can literally just walk out and see the trail that takes you all the way up. On the back side, there is a little cove. We had some fun swimming and diving to see if we could find any treasures. We didn't have any luck, but I got the check off on my bucket list.


No comments:

Post a Comment