Friday, January 11, 2013

1 Happy New Year!

It is now January of 2013. I am so glad that I have made it through 2012 with my family and friends. 2012 was full of adventures! I'm so glad I made it through two tsunami warnings, a flash flood, two semesters of college for coco, traveling across the country to the south, venturing out to the island of Kauai, and a lot of fun in between. 2012 was so good to us!


January: We had fun visitors come during the beginning of the year. Since we missed the holidays at home, it made us feel like we had family to start the new year. 



February: During the winter season in Hawaii, the waves get huge!! They are so much fun to jump into. You have to know what you're doing or it could easily take you out to places you don't want to go. 





March: We celebrate our ONE year anniversary on the 11th. I also became pretty crafty putting our house together. I have never been a crafty person, it was fun to create a new hobby.






April: I had been looking forward to having my family come out to visit us all year! It was well worth the wait. I loved every second of them being here.




May: We decided to be adventurous and change our plans last minute to go sale home security systems over the summer. We packed up and flew back to Utah and drove across the country to Arkansas. We loved hanging out with our new friends everyday. It was a blast.





June: We lived in a hotel for weeks, and then we finally drove down to New Orleans. We walked down Canal Street, rode the trolleys, ate at the famous Cafe de Monde, and learned how to live in a city. We also flew back to Utah for a few weeks for some golf tournaments and to spend time with family. 





July: We explored New Orleans and had a lot of fun with our group of friends. I had never lived in a city apartment, so it was fun to live in a high rise with modern decor. I also loved having time to make dinner for Colten every night (and going out to dinner too). We also went to hunt down the gators. I had never seen one so close in my life. 






August: We ended our summer fun and traveled home. But before we left we made sure to go around to all the little farmers markets, and hunt down the local celebrities. We ended up finding Denzel Washington, and yes we stalked him for a whole day. We literally drove for 28 hours straight (not a good idea) just to see if we could. We were really excited to be with family again for a few weeks before we left for school again. It was a beautiful drive from New Orleans, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and UTAH.






September: We flew back to Hawaii for school. It felt so good to back and settled down again. I love routine, so I was more than happy to get my routine back to normal. We had fun coming back to Hawaii for our second year, we bought a beach cruiser for me, and I was ready to explore what I had been missing all summer.







October: Ashley and I had a lot of fun going on some hikes around the island and making the best out of our Hawaii experience.  I have loved being with her here, and have loved that BOTH our husbands golf so I am not alone when Colten leaves me. We also sold our car in exchange for a moped. Totally worth it...





November: Coltens parents came out to see us over Thanksgiving. It was a so much fun showing them around and being a tourist again. Winter season brings a lot of fun waves for surfing competitions. I had fun going from beach to beach watching surfers.



We were chilling on beach when this guy came out with an octopus and let us touch and look at it.
Yummy thanksgiving dinner.

December:: We had a three week vacation from school and we wanted to leave the year with a big bang so we island hopped to Kauai and then flew home to Utah for the holidays. I was in heaven for the full three weeks. It felt so amazing in Kauai, I will never forget how beautiful it was. It was close to negative degrees in Utah, and I loved it. I was needing a change of scenery and I got just that! Colten also snowboarded for the first time and rocked it!  Annnndd Erik got engaged while we were home! 











2012 was a blast to say the least. I have a feeling that 2013 will be just as good.. if not better!! Here's to many more adventures!




1 comment:

  1. Love that your year was so awesome! Hoping 2013 is just as great!!! besos!

    ReplyDelete