Friday, February 10, 2012

1 joy

joy.

That is what I am feeling today. I woke up on the right side of the bed I guess. (literally... Colten pushed me over to the right side of the bed, and I hate it!! It is closer to the window and I was freezzzinnggg!) This morning I was rushed to go meet with the administration office to BYUH. It is offical...I have applied for school here. I've never been more excited about school. It's weird.

Colten is studying right now, that doesn't look fun, but he makes school look like a breeze. He seriously has only had a problem in Math class. Now that that is over with, he just does homework in 10 mins and is done. I LIKE IT!! looks like it was a good decision to switch majors for him, because he enjoys it better.

I then rushed off to the temple. I worked all afternoon. It was really fun today, I was paired up with this lady that reminds me of my Grandma Teresa. She looks almost exactly like her. She is super small, only goes up to my chest (can you even imagine someone shorter than me?) and she looks mexican, but she is hawaiian. She is funny like her too. She was making all kinds of remarks today that made me laugh. For one, she ate lunch too fast and was sitting down in every chair she could find close to her the rest of the afternoon, which is hard to do when you are working. But she made it possible. The funny part of that though, is she gave me MOST of her lunch! She packed for a person of two, and only ate her soup and gave me her salad, chips, celery, and chocolate. I didn't eat all of it, but she kept passing it to me.

She just made my day:)

At work my boss is finally changing things around! We will have two shifts per day now. I got to choose between the 7-2 morning shift or the 12-8 night shift. Of course I chose the morning shift, even though I will have to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch my bus, it will still be worth it to get home at 4:00 p.m. I miss my evening runs and my yoga. So YAY for changes at work!

Colten is coming up on his tournaments. This month he will have one at Turtle Bay. Next month he will be going to Arizona and California. Leaving me all alone. I'll miss snuggling him at night, but I do have alot of projects I need to get done around the house. Speaking of, I have changed my whole living room. It is full of decorations now. My table is full of crafts. Colten wasn't too happy with my spluge at the crafts store, but hey... I haven't been to the craft store since I've got to Hawaii. I had to make up for lost time, and future lost time because who knows when I  will be back on that side of the island.

Valentines day is coming so soon. 
I'm waiting for my surprise for Colten in the mail.
Why does it take so long for mail to come to Hawaii?!


I have been surviving my bus rides with this lovely lady.
She is hilarious! There was an episode when Lucys mother-in-law came to town.
Her husband is Cuban so her mother-in-law only knew spanish.
It totally reminded me of my mom and grandma. It was so funny. I was laughing so hard on the bus.
Yes. I am one of the crazy people now on the bus who just laughs out loud and nobody knows why.
And I don't even care!

Next door neighbor..


superbowl sunday. 
Not a fan of football, but the food is always something to party for!
I made a football pizza this year. I gotta say, I make a mean piece of pizza.

I find little notes like these all over my house. 
It's always a nice surprise.
We have to give a talk on "Loving  your Spouse" on sunday. When we first got the topic I just laughed at the guy and said "really?" I feel so stupid talking to people who have been married longer than us, telling them to love their spouse better. I've learned a lot, and have researched some good tips. I'm not too nervous on speaking, but I am nervous on what Colten might say. 
You never know with that kid.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck speaking in church, I get anxiety just thinking about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete