Friday, December 16, 2011

0 12.16.11

Christmas is right around the corner. It happened so fast this year for me. I still haven't gone and got  Colten his Christmas gift yet! (Bad wife)

I do have to admit, this Christmas feels different to me. Not just because we won't be coming home, and wont be with our family this year. It's different than that. I've just finally realized that I don't need presents, or money, or any of that fancy stuff I'm use to getting. I don't know why it has hit me like this this year.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, I can't believe how "Christmas" has lost it's meaning now a days. Everyone is so wrapped up in getting gifts, toys, food, ...etc. that they don't really think about what this holiday is really about. Me, being guilty of this. I have always stressed about presents, and what to get everyone. I knew what Christmas was all about, but I guess I never really felt the connection until this year.

Don't get me wrong I love presents, but I don't care how big or small, how expensive or cheap, food or toy..and I can't believe I let my parents spend so much on me in the past. All the stress Christmas brings, has made it so my Dad hates Christmas. I don't ever want to get that way, and I don't want Colten either.

So I've been trying to keep things simple, and I am excited to have our first official Christmas together. We are going to have a Mele Kalikimaka! Yay for Hawaiian style!

Today we went to Turtle Bay Golf Course and were about 10 feet from the worlds best surfer, Kelly Slater. I took a quick picture of him....but I totally felt like an idiot. I wouldn't of cared if we were just out and about, but he was practicing on the range and about to Tee off. So I felt like I was a distraction. It was cool to follow him though.

2011 Christmas Cards

We love Hawaii





{I love this man so much}

What has been new for us?
um.. FINALS are over!! whoot whoot!
Colten is so smart. he will never admit that, but he's almost about to graduate! 
I had no idea. 
These last 3 years have gone by so fast.

I am still working at the temple as an Ordinance Worker. I love it! The ladies there are so nice, and I have learned so much about myself and my life. I'm so lucky I live so close to the temple, and that I have this opportunity to work there. Never thought I would be where I am today.

We have been making such fun friends! I love this girl named Jayoung. 
She is Korean, and we work in the temple together. 
She is such an amazing girl, we go on walks almost every night, and I just love talking to her.
She is a little older than me so she is done with school. 
Which makes it easier for us to hang out since I don't got to school either!

We got a new t.v.! 
(which was a bad thing during finals!)

That's pretty much it. We are off to go make some gingerbread houses with some friends!

(it's starting to kinda feel a little like Christmas around here)



No comments:

Post a Comment